Futsal Betting: Basics Strategies for Beginners
Simply put, futsal is indoor soccer, played in the gym, and teams play 5-on-5. In this material, we will analyze the main types of bets on futsal, features of the game and give beginners some tips to make the best bets possible.
What is the difference between mini-soccer and futsal? Many people think it's the same thing, but that is not exactly true. In the lines of sportsbooks, mini-soccer games are sometimes called futsal soccer, the same formulation is used in the press and in everyday communication.
There are indeed many similarities between futsal and mini-soccer, but there are also differences.
- Futsal competitions are held by the International Futsal Association (AMF), while mini-soccer competitions are held under the auspices of the International Federation of Football Associations (FIFA).
- Futsal is a much more physical and high-intensity game where kicks on opponents are allowed
- In futsal, the ball that they use is smaller, heavier and has a lower bounce
- The ball from the start is played with hands rather than with feet, unlike mini-football.
However, since the concepts of futsal and mini-football have more or less merged, in this material we will use them as synonyms. Many of the strategies listed here will work equally well for both.
Types of Futsal Bets
Currently, almost all sportsbooks in the world have a wide enough line for futsal matches. However, in America sportsbooks have been slow to add this sport. With its popularity, we can expect more and more legal US sportsbooks adding this competition.
Just like in regular soccer, there are several basic types of bets. Let's talk a little bit about each one.
- Outcomes (time or game): In mini-football, you can bet that one of the teams will win the game, win in one of the halves or in both halves. If the game is played in the knockout stages of the tournament, it is also possible to bet on the winner of the match (after the main time or penalty shootout). Important to know that bets on the outcomewill be the main bet for almost any competition.
- Totals (over/under bets): Totals bets are usually the total number of goals scored during the main time of the match. The size of the proposed total from sportsbooks depends on the class of the teams and the level of the competition. Traditionally in futsal more goals are scored than in regular soccer: as the "main" total in matches of this competition sportsbooks usually offer a number of six or seven goals.
- Handicap or Spread Bets: A bet with a handicap (or the spread) implies an advantage or an acceptable cushion of one of the teams in the competition. The numerical odds in futsal are often similar to the same bets on regular soccer matches: if there is no significant difference in the opponent's class, then the bet can be presented without a handicap, and odds will be quite even between the teams. Read more about sports betting odds.
Example: The player makes a bet "Team 1 victory with a handicap of (-1.5)". The match ended 2-0 in favor of team 1. The bet is considered to have been won since the team won with a margin of more than 1.5.
Additional Bets from Sportsbooks
In addition to the main bets in different lines of sportsbooks, there are additional offers: total goals in a certain half, even or odd total of goals in a match (e.g.: 2:2 - even, 1-0 - odd), whether both teams will score, accurate score, winner of the entire tournament, etc.
Futsal Betting Strategies
In futsal, as in soccer, you can use different betting strategies such as catch-up, accurate score, "ladder" and others, which can be found in more detail in the special section of our School of Betting.
As for the pre-match analytics in futsal, here you need to pay special attention to the line-ups and tournament motivation. There are five people on each side in mini-football, and the elimination of at least one of the squads can play an important role.
Also, the result of a team depends mainly on the goalkeeper's game. You should always look for information about whether the main goalkeeper will play for the team in the upcoming game, or if the coach will save him for the next, more important game.
Futsal is a dynamic game, and the situation on the court can change at any second. Therefore, in this sport, some players use several different strategies to increase the chances of winning. We must remind you that none of the popular sports betting strategies guarantee a permanent win.
As in any other sport, win-win strategies do not exist. However, the chances of more successful bets on mini-football or futsal will be greater, if you carefully study the lineups, statistics, as well as thoroughly understand the rules of the game.
Which American Sportsbooks Offer Futsal Betting?
There are currently not many American sportsbooks who have gotten around to adding futsal. The game is exciting, and bets on soccer are plentiful in the US, which is why we think this game is not far behind. Many US sportsbooks offer a great number of lines and sports on their sites, and are certainly no stanger to adding niche sports.